- What are the benefits of joining IFOAM – Organics International?
- How can I apply to join IFOAM – Organics International?
- What is the difference between a Member, an Associate and a Supporter?
- How can I show my customers/stakeholders that I am a member?
- How is the annual membership fee calculated?
- IFOAM - Organics International
- IFOAM - Organics Europe
- IFOAM - Organics Asia
- How can I pay my membership fee?
- How can I cancel my membership?
- How can I advertise in the online membership directory?
1. What are the benefits of joining IFOAM - Organics International?
When you join IFOAM -
Organics International you will:
- Be visible in our online membership directory, which will give you visibility in the organic sector, and allow you to connect with like-minded organizations.
- Enjoy a membership discount on these events and services organized by IFOAM - Organics International: the Organic World Congress, the Organic Academy, the PGS and IFOAM Standard services & our Sponsorship Packages.
- Enjoy a membership discount on advertising rates in our newsletter, online directory and on our website.
- Connect and exchange with a +700 global community of like-minded organisations and individuals.
- Support the further development of organic agriculture worldwide
- Strengthen the voice of organic agriculture through our advocacy activities at national and UN level
- Participate in decision-making processes about positions and standards for the organic sector
- Support the implementation of the Organic 3.0 concept, the tool to implement sustainable agriculture practices e.g. by promoting true cost accounting, continuous improvement and a culture of innovation
When you join IFOAM – Organics International, you join a global 700+ community & network. Together, we have a stronger voice and can build a more sustainable world!
2. How can I apply to join IFOAM – Organics International?
To join IFOAM – Organics International, you need to fill in the online membership application form.
As soon as the membership fee payment is paid (upon application), you will automatically and become part of the IFOAM – Organics International membership.
A 80€ registration fee applies; it is a one-off fee, is to be paid upon application on top of the membership fee. This covers the costs of processing the application.
To know more about our membership fee scheme, please read below 'How is the annual membership fee calculated?'.
3. What is the difference between Voting-Members, Associate-Members and Supporters?
To become a Voting-Member, each organisation must request voting rights by filling a self-assessement, available in the Member Area.
Members have voting rights at our General Assembly, which takes place every three years.
Associate-Members do not have voting rights, but they enjoy all other membership benefits.
Supporters are individuals who wish to support our cause.
4. How can I show that I am a member?
While our logo cannot be used, we encourage our members to show that they are affiliated to IFOAM – Organics International by using the Proud to be Part emblem. You can use it in any material: letterheads, websites (not in relation to any quality assurance or certification), business cards, information material about the organization, etc.
Please note that the emblem must not be used on products.
The IFOAM – Organics International logo must not be used on products (a product mark) nor in any communication material unless specifically authorized by us.
5. How is the annual membership fee calculated?
The membership year runs from January to December, and the invoices for the upcoming year are sent out every January.
The annual membership fee is determined by the General Assembly and is calculated according to the organization’s turnover/ budget related to organic activities.
a) IFOAM - Organics International Fee Scheme
|Budget / turnover||Annual Fee|
|< 50.000 €||100 €|
|< 200.000 €||300 €|
|< 800.000 €||1000 €|
|< 2.000.000 €||2000 €|
|< 5.000.000 €||3000 €|
|> 5.000.000 €||4000 €|
Supporters' annual membership fee:
- Regular income: 100 €
- Non-regular income: 50 €
Early Bird Fee
If we receive the fee payment by February 20, a 20% discount on the membership fee applies. The details of the Early Bird Fee are specified on the invoice.
Individuals or organizations that join from January-June pay the full membership fee; those joining after July only pay half of the annual membership fee.
b) IFOAM - Organics Europe Fee Scheme
c) IFOAM - Organics Asia Fee Scheme
The membership fee of IFOAM - Organics Asia is 25% of the IFOAM - Organics International Fee. This comes on top of the membership fee to IFOAM - Organics International.
6. How can I pay my membership fee?
You can pay online via your Member Area, or by following the link provided in your digital invoice. Our bank account details are provided in the invoice and in the Member Area.
7. How can I cancel my membership?
Your membership is renewed automatically each year upon reception of the membership fee. You can terminate your membership at any time by sending a written notice of termination to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that any affiliation fees you have already paid are non-refundable upon membership termination.
8. How can I advertise in the online membership directory?
IFOAM - Organics International advertising rates 2019 (online directory)
|Category||# of banners||Normal Rate
|Rate for Affiliates
|Rate for Affiliates
|# of Affiliates
|One Country||1||125||75||400||200||> 15|
|One Country||1||100||60||300||150||< 14 > 5|
|One Country||1||70||50||200||100||< 4|
Please contact email@example.com for bookings or any membership related matter.